The objective of the systematic introduction of e-solutions is to support the quickest possible assessment of therapeutic needs of people and the commencement of the treatment corresponding to their needs and to ensure the consistency and quality of medical treatment during the whole therapeutic process.
Opportunities of the complete system of e-solutions:
- It is possible to measure the period of time spent from the issue of a referral by the family physician until the booking of a medical specialist’s appointment and the period of time spent from the booking of the medical specialist’s appointment until the appointment of the medical specialist in the case of the existing referral.
- All healthcare providers help to ensure that the patient receives the next service they need in a timely manner.
- It takes less time for the family physicians, medical specialists and patients to book and cancel the patient’s appointment with a medical specialist.
- Patients referred to a medical specialist are properly selected and the medical specialist can plan their work more efficiently.
The patients and the service providers understand the purpose of referrals and the state-wide digital reception system and know how to use it in the case of need.
The digital referral service is aimed at harmonizing the introduction of digital referrals upon the provision of health services. In addition, this service will support specifying information exchanged by the digital referral and rules of use thereof. The referrals are made as machine-processable as possible and the health data available for re-use as far as possible.
Digital referrals are available for people through the patient’s portal, therefore the person does not have to worry about forgetting or losing their referral.
- The core of the development activity in the year 2017 is the introduction of digital referrals to be submitted by a medical specialist to another medical specialist.
- During 2017 and 2018, a digital referral service is developed in the field of nursing care services: design, development and introduction of standards of the health information system concerning the nursing patient’s summary to be provided as a response and the supplementation of notices; digital referrals to hospital treatment.
- During 2018 and 2019, the core of the development activity is the introduction of digital referrals in the field of making referrals to examinations and procedures, as well as to non-healthcare professionals.
- Country-wide digital reception solution.
Country-wide digital reception solution
The objective of the country-wide digital reception solution is to create for the patients a transparent, quick and comfortable opportunity to book, change and cancel the appointment. We wish to provide an overview, available in one place, of all free appointment times in accordance with the choices made by the person.
Additionally, family health centres will have an opportunity to book an appointment for the patients. This will simplify booking appointments in the field of specialised medical care in the case of elderly people, whose digital skills complicate the use of the country-wide digital reception.
- In 2017, the focus is on the design of solutions with pilot hospitals and family physicians.
- In 2018, it is planned to involve other hospitals and family physicians in the use of the service.