The Norway Grants contribute to strengthening cooperation between Norway and the beneficiary countries. Bilateral partnerships between public and private institutions, NGOs and research institutions in the donor and beneficiary countries are widely encouraged. In order to facilitate such cooperation, 243 000 Euros have been set aside at the national level and each programme has set aside at least 1,5% of the grant for that purpose.
At the national level, the fund for bilateral relations is managed by the National Focal Point in accordance with a work plan agreed upon by the donors.
Bilateral funds for the programme Domestic and Gender-based violence are managed by the Programme Operator in accordance with a work plan that has been drafted in cooperation with the Programme Partner.
50 000 euros have been set aside for that purpose and of which 1/3 will be used in 2013 by the Programme Operator to facilitate networking between Estonian and Norwegian entities.
The rest of the funds will be made available to Project Promoters from the small grant scheme in 2015 to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience between Estonian and Norwegian organizations and to strengthen networks between the two nations.
Bilateral relations fund
Call from the bilateral relations fund
- improving mutual understanding between Norwegian and Estonian organizations (at individual, organizational or community levels);
- providing opportunities for the transfer of knowledge, technology, experience and best practices;
- providing shared results, i.e. involving both Estonian and Norwegian entities in the planning and implementation of the initiative as equal partners and having both contribute to the achievement of the outcomes.
- raised awareness of general public, i.e involving or providing good practices for media and journalists in the initiative is therefore encouraged.
All activities connected to the initiative must be finished by 31 March 2016.
The maximum amount of support that will be distributed to one applicant is 5 000 EUR.
An applicant may submit multiple applications as long as the cumulative amount requested does not exceed the set limit of 5 000 EUR.
The grant rate is set at 100% for all applicants.
- GUIDELINES for applying for support from the Fund for Bilateral Relations (139.32 KB, DOCX)
- Application form (Annex 1) (131.75 KB, DOCX)
- Cooperation agreement (Annex 2) (109.5 KB, DOC)
- Eligibility criteria (Annex 3) (106.48 KB, DOCX)
- Evaluation form (Annex 4) (109.42 KB, DOCX)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
Pille Ruul, Programme Coordinator, Department of Equality Policies, Ministry of Social Affairs
E-mail: pille.ruul/@/sm.ee, Phone: (+372) 626 9817
Programme Chief Specialist, Department of Equality Policies, Ministry of Social Affairs
E-mail: irje.tammeleht/@/sm.ee, Phone: (+372) 626 9814
List of potential partners in Norway
Donor Programme Partner